- What should I do when my package needs customs clearance?
According to international shipping law, the local customs have the right to keep the package and request the presence of its recipient. If the status of your package shows 'customs clearance' or 'item reserved at customs', please contact your local logistics carrier and your seller to get all the requirements to resolve this issue, and have your related documents ready if necessary. Kindly contact your local customs to get all the required information about local tariffs law.
- Customs declaration
You must fill the CN22 Customs declaration Form for any package that crosses the border, each package will have a sticker with the CN22 customs declaration. For international registered packages, most people will declare it as a gift to avoid tax. Other E-mail and EMS declarations are also required for customs clearance. For more logistics declaration information, please contact the logistics operator directly.
- Tariff / Tax
When you are waiting to receive an international order, in case you need to pay a tax, then you will receive a notice from the customs, which will indicate the taxation details, and accordingly follow the instructions: go to the post office to pay taxes or assist in customs clearance. The tariff issues are very complex and each country has different taxation and customs policies. In recent years, the number of customer’s orders dropped significantly due to taxation customs policies and other tariff related issues. Therefore, we kindly request the sender to contact the recipient about related tax issues, otherwise the recipient will refuse to collect his/her package due to the fact that the value of taxes is too high. This will prevent the loss of both parties.
- Restricted and Prohibited Items
Some items cannot be shipped by shipping carrier due to legal/health/safety factors. If you are unable to confirm that the item you need to ship is a contraband, please check with the post office or its agent to prevent the item to be detained/ destructed/ returned by customs. Kindly check the following list of common prohibited items:
- Drugs and psychotropic substances
- Weapons, explosives, flammable, radioactive and other dangerous substances
- Products with insulting, defamatory inscriptions or image information
- Mailing item which is prohibited by all destination countries
- Living animals, such as bees, otters, silkworms, worms, rats, etc., unless they are registered by special permission agencies
- Beverages containing more than 70% alcohol
- Unsealed bottle of alcoholic beverage
- All types of aerosols
- All valuables are only allowed to be mailed with insurance, such as coins, banknotes, checks or bearer securities, traveler's check.
- Processed items such as platinum, gold, silver, precious stones, jewelry, etc.